Come and enjoy some fun this summer exploring mindfulness practices. Children will learn and practice mindfulness through lessons utilizing stories, art projects and journal writing. Content includes the Mindful Schools research-based curriculum and the Learning to Breathe curriculum.
Session 1: June 21, 22, 23 & June 28, 29, 30
Session 2: August 2, 3, 4 & August 9, 10, 11 (includes Tai Chi instruction as Mindful movement)
3rd – 5th grade: 9:00 am – 10:00 am
6th – 8th grade: 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Lake Michigan Academy
2428 Burton St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
In This Course Students Will Learn To:
- Sharpen their ability to focus and pay attention
- Experience life situations with less emotional reactivity
- Learn effective strategies for making better choices
- Increase kindness and compassion for themselves and others
- Learn skills for self care
- Mindful meditation practice to encourage relaxation and awareness
- Self-reflection through journaling, activities and group discussion
- Tai Chi and Qigong practice for experiencing the mind/body connection and control (offered only during August session)
Patricia Ward has her Masters in Education degree with over a 35-year career in education. She has completed a yearlong study with Mindful Schools and is a Mindful Schools Certified Instructor. She has taught Mindfulness in Pre-school through High School classrooms and after school classes for the last several years.
Brenda Schroeder is a certified School Social Worker and licensed MSW with over 30 years experience working with youth. She is also certified in EBQ (Evidence-Based Qigong) from the Center for Taiji and Qigong Studies and has been practicing Tai Chi and Qigong for over 20 years.
To register please visit: http://grandrapidscenterformindfulness.com
Or call Patti: 616-204-2099